Consolidated 3700 Nuclear Valve
The Consolidated Type 3700 spring-loaded safety valve is ASME Code Section III certified and NV stamped for Class 1 and Class 2 services. It is suitable for use in nuclear main steam sections and is also available with an optional pneumatic actuator for auxiliary control. This valve finds application in PWR, BWR, and PHWR plant designs.
Main Steam Safety Valve
- Over pressure protection of main steam line
- Excellent for use in saturated steam conditions
- Maintains set-point within very small tolerance allowing higher plant efficiency
- Provides repeatable tight shutoff, reducing need for frequent maintenance
- Long history of operation in nuclear plants